John Dowd, the most senior lawyer advising U.S. President Donald Trump on allegations of Russian electoral interference, resigns.
John Dowd is reported to have concluded that Mr Trump was increasingly ignoring his advice.
- BBC (Image)
- John Dowd, the most senior lawyer advising US President Donald Trump on allegations of Russian electoral interference, resigns.
- John Dowd, the most senior lawyer advising U.S. President Donald Trump on allegations of Russian electoral interference, resigns.
- U.S. President Donald Trump says that the United States will withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, a 1987 nuclear arms treaty with Russia.
- A summit meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin is set for July 16 in Helsinki. The leaders are expected to discuss national security issues as well as Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections.
- Lawyers representing U.S. President Donald Trump are told by FBI special counsel Robert Mueller the President is considered to be more than a witness but is not under criminal investigation.
- The Democratic National Committee file a lawsuit against Russia, the Donald Trump administration, and WikiLeaks alleging that the former conspired to interfere in the 2016 United States elections.
- Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee announce the end of their Russia investigation, against the objections of Democratic members. According to the investigation's preliminary findings, the 2016 Trump campaign did not collude with the Russian government, and, contrary to the U.S. intelligence community's previous conclusions, Russia did not have a preference for Donald Trump as a presidential candidate.