An attacker stabs three people at a Tim Hortons in Montreal, Canada.
Police say three people were stabbed Monday afternoon in an attack outside a Tim Hortons restaurant on Ste. Catherine St. and Beaudry.
- CTV news (Image)
- The heat-related death toll in the Canadian province of Quebec rises to 70, with 34 of those occurring in Montreal.
- A state of emergency is declared in Montreal, Canada as 1,200 Canadian Forces personnel are deployed in the province of Quebec to help with rising floodwaters. 146 communities are affected and more than 1,500 residents have been evacuated from their homes.
- The city of Montreal in Canada begins dumping 2 billion gallons of raw sewage into the Saint Lawrence River, an action the mayor, Denis Coderre, says is necessary to make repairs and improvements to the city's wastewater system. The move has caused outrage among residents and environmentalists, while the hashtag ""#flushgate"" is being used on social media sites to voice opposition to the dumping effort.
- Fast food giant Burger King agrees to acquire Canadian coffee giant Tim Hortons for $11.4 billion and move its headquarters to Canada.
- Most of the population in Montreal, Canada, is advised to boil water before drinking after sediments are found in the reservoir of a major water treatment plant.