The ex-Trump strategist steps down amid a furore over reported remarks about the president's son.
- BBC (Image)
- U.S. President Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon is interviewed over two days this week as part of the investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.
- Steve Bannon resigns as President Donald Trump's White House Chief Strategist.
- U.S. President Donald Trump denies that 3,000 people died in the 2017 hurricane, advancing a number of "6 to 18 deaths", and further makes the false assertion that the Democrats inflated the former number.
- European Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmstrom proposes to reduce all European Union import tariffs, also on automobiles, to zero if the United States reciprocates. President of the United States Donald Trump threatens to quit the World Trade Organization.
- The wife of a former US Marine and Iraq War veteran whose family publicly pleaded for President Donald Trump to intervene is deported to Mexico.