The U.S. Treasury Department's actions come amid anti-government protests in Iran, which have received vocal support from the White House.
- Politico (Image)
- The U.S. Treasury Department announces sanctions for a Malaysia-based sales agent for Mahan Air in connection with Iran's alleged support for international terrorism.
- The United States Treasury Department announces new sanctions on Iran central bank governor Valiollah Seif and assistant director Ali Tarzali for allegedly helping the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Quds Force support Hezbollah.
- The United States charges and sanctions nine Iranians and the Iranian company Mabna Institute for hacking and attempting to hack hundreds of universities.
- Nikki Haley, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, accuses Iran of violating the 2015 nuclear deal by allegedly supplying the missile fired last month on Saudi Arabia from Yemen. Iran refutes the claim as based on "fabricated" evidence.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia Judge Ellen S. Huvelle awards Amir Mirza Hekmati, a U.S. Marine who was imprisoned in Iran as a falsely accused CIA spy, a default judgment of $63 million for his ordeal.