The Bayeux Tapestry, which depicts the Norman conquest of England, is to be displayed in the United Kingdom for the first time after French President Emmanuel Macron agreed to loan it out for the first time in 950 years. Subject to the outcome of tests, the loan is expected to happen somewhere after 2020.
President Macron is understood to have agreed to let it leave France for the first time in 950 years.
- BBC (Image)
- French President Emmanuel Macron announces the recognition that the French state systematically tortured during the 1950s-60s Algerian War of Independence and calls to open archives concerning those who disappeared, such as activist Maurice Audin.
- A French judge hands preliminary charges to one of French President Emmanuel Macron's top security aides after video surfaced showing him attacking a protester at a May Day demonstration.
- French President Emmanuel Macron phones Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, telling Erdogan that the UN-approved ceasefire in Syria also applies in the Afrin Region.
- French President Emmanuel Macron meets with British Prime Minister Theresa May at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- Prime Minister of Lebanon Saad Hariri meets President of France Emmanuel Macron at the Elysee Palace in Paris.