For the first time, Saudi Arabia allows women to spectate at football matches, part of an easing of strict rules on gender separation by the ultra-conservative Muslim country.
Amid gradual reforms, Saudi Arabia allows women to attend a football match for the first time.
- BBC (Image)
- The top cleric of Saudi Arabia says Iranians "are not Muslims."
- Spain confirms that it has cancelled the sale of 400 laser-guided bombs to Saudi Arabia because of concerns about the weapons' use in the conflict in Yemen.
- Five people are killed in a stampede at a football match in Luanda, Angola.
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates say that the bombing of a school bus in Yemen by Saudi Arabian aircraft, which killed 51 people, was "unjustified".
- Saudi Arabia reports the execution and crucifixion, in Mecca, of a man from Myanmar. The man was sentenced for breaking into the home of a woman and stabbing her, which led to her death, as well as for other crimes.