Cabinet of Mexico
President Enrique Pena Nieto accepted the resignation of three secretaries of his cabinet, including the Secretary of the Interior, Miguel Angel Osorio Chong.
Mexican Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said on Wednesday he was stepping down from his post in which he oversaw government responsibilities including security, migration and human rights.
- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto cancels a scheduled trip to the United States after a heated phone call with U.S. President Donald Trump, in which Trump refused to publicly back down from his pledge of having Mexico pay for the U.S.-Mexico border wall.
- United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson arrives in Mexico to meet with President Enrique Pena Nieto and Foreign Secretary Luis Videgaray.
- Mexicans react with incredulity after President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto appointed Alberto Bazbaz to the position of head of the CISEN intelligence service. Bazbaz is known for having overseen a 9-day search for a missing girl, Paulette Gebara Farah, who was eventually found dead in her own bed.
- Luis Videgaray Caso resigns as Mexico's finance minister amid fallout over President Enrique Pena Nieto's controversial meeting with U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump in Mexico City. Videgaray is revealed to have been the main advocate of arranging the meeting.
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump meets with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto in Mexico City after accepting an invitation from him.