After failing to reach agreement on an extension of the 101-day ceasefire, hostilities resume between Colombia's government and ELN forces.
Colombia’s military and ELN rebels resumed hostilities on Wednesday after failing to agree to an extension of a bilateral ceasefire, in spite of pleas by victims and the international community…
- Colombia Reports (Image)
- The National Liberation Army releases former congressman Odin Sanchez, who had been held hostage by the rebel group since April 2016, paving the way for peace talks to begin between the rebels and the Colombian government next week in Ecuador.
- The Congress of Colombia unanimously approves a peace deal between the Government and rebel group FARC to end the Colombian conflict.
- A war crimes tribunal in Colombia begins investigating atrocities during the war which began in the 1960s.
- Colombia's biggest narcotics gang, Clan del Golfo (AGC), declares a cease-fire in effect since December 13. They say the gesture is meant "to contribute to a full, total and lasting peace." The Colombian government says that it welcomes the move but also that it will continue their pressure on the organization.
- A suspected terrorist bomb explosion in an Andino shopping mall's ladies room in Bogota, Colombia, kills three women and injures at least 11.