"These countries are short-circuiting the norms to make a working party first," said Biswajit Dhar, professor-Centre for Economic Studies and Planning at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Economic Times (Image)
- 15 countries ask the World Trade Organization a mandate to negotiate binding rules on e-commerce, days after India turned down negotiations.
- Fifteen countries ask the World Trade Organization a mandate to negotiate binding rules on e-commerce, days after India turned down negotiations.
- The United States files a complaint with the World Trade Organization, accusing Indian laws of discriminating against US solar panel manufacturers.
- Trade officials from the United States, European Union, India and Brazil meet in New Delhi, India, to revive the World Trade Organization's Doha round of negotiations.
- A bus skids off a mountain road into a 700 ft ravine in Uttarakhand, India, killing at least 48 people.
- India announces it successfully tested a Agni-V ICBM missile at a base near Odisha coast.
- An SUV and a bus collide in Marishda, East Midnapore, West Bengal, India, killing the SUV's six occupants.