"These countries are short-circuiting the norms to make a working party first," said Biswajit Dhar, professor-Centre for Economic Studies and Planning at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Economic Times (Image)
- 15 countries ask the World Trade Organization a mandate to negotiate binding rules on e-commerce, days after India turned down negotiations.
- Fifteen countries ask the World Trade Organization a mandate to negotiate binding rules on e-commerce, days after India turned down negotiations.
- The United States files a complaint with the World Trade Organization, accusing Indian laws of discriminating against US solar panel manufacturers.
- Trade officials from the United States, European Union, India and Brazil meet in New Delhi, India, to revive the World Trade Organization's Doha round of negotiations.
- A total of 342 people have been arrested for attacking Hindi-speaking migrants in the Indian state of Gujarat. The new wave of violence was prompted by the arrest of a non-Gujarati for the alleged rape of a 14-month-old baby a week prior.
- At least 22 people are killed and 14 injured after a minibus falls into a gorge on the Srinagar Jammu National Highway in India's Jammu and Kashmir state.
- India buys the S-400 missile system, potentially facing CAATSA U.S. sanctions.