The New York Metropolitan Museum of Art is brought to reply to an online petition signed by thousands of people. The museum refuses to stop displaying a Balthus painting, "Therese revant".
New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art has refused to remove a 1938 painting by the artist known as Balthus that depicts a young girl in what some are saying is a sexually suggestive pose.
- Le Nouvel Obs
- The Telegraph
- An attempted terrorist attack occurs when a homemade pipe bomb worn by a man exploded near New York City's Port Authority Bus Terminal. Three people, as well as the attacker, are injured. The suspect, identified as Akayed Ullah, is in custody.
- Refuse Fascism holds protests against U.S. President Donald Trump in several major cities, including New York City, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- "Salvator Mundi", a painting generally attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, is sold at auction Christie's in New York City for US$450.3 million; setting a new record for the sale of an original work of art.
- Both the FBI and NSD declare that they possess no records indicating that Trump Tower in New York City, New York was wiretapped earlier in March.
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says he has received federal government approval for The Boring Company to build an underground 760mph Hyperloop that will connect New York City and Washington, D.C..