The Lebanese cautiously welcome a political agreement that enables Prime Minister Saad Hariri to officially withdraw his unexpected November 4 resignation.
It is welcome news that Prime Minister Saad Hariri has withdrawn his resignation, which alone promises good tidings for the Lebanese, especially during the festive season.
- The Daily Star
- Lebanon's Government led by Prime Minister Saad Hariri collapses following the withdrawal of Hezbollah.
- Lebanon's Prime Minister Saad Hariri visits Iran, seeking help to prevent violence if a U.N.-backed tribunal indicts Hezbollah members for killing former prime minister, Rafiq Hariri, and 21 others in a car bombing
- Thousands of people collect in Beirut on the fifth anniversary of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafic Hariri in a bombing alongside 21 other people, with his son and current Prime Minister Saad Hariri addressing the crowd.
- Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri steps aside in Lebanon.
- Saad al-Hariri is appointed the new Prime Minister of Lebanon.