South Korea and the United States launch their largest-ever annual joint aerial drill.
Jeffrey Feltman will meet foreign minister and other diplomats in highest-level UN visit to country in more than six years
- The Australian
- The Guardian
- The United States halts, then resumes its annual military exercise with South Korea, Foal Eagle, amid rising tensions.
- North Korea threatens the safety of South Korean civilian aircraft flying near its territory, on the eve of annual military exercises involving the United States and the South.
- U.S. President Donald Trump visits South Korea amidst a crisis with North Korea.
- A South Korean lawmaker claims that in 2016, North Korean hackers stole classified military documents detailing joint operations between the South Korean and United States military forces in the event of war with North Korea.
- Amid tensions from South Korea, U.S. President Donald Trump announces that he is "allowing Japan and South Korea to buy a substantially increased amount of highly sophisticated military equipment from the United States."