Former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is killed by Houthi forces in a roadside attack outside Sana'a after an earlier attack on his house.
Saleh, who led Yemen for over three decades before resigning several years ago, had been allied with Houthi rebels against a Saudi-led coalition — until that pact appeared to fracture in recent days.
- Houthi forces kill former president Ali Abdullah Saleh in a roadside attack outside Sana'a after having blown up his house.
- Former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is killed by Houthi forces in a roadside attack outside Sana'a after an earlier attack on his house.
- The Royal Saudi Air Force bombs Houthi positions in southern Sana'a in support of Ali Abdullah Saleh-headed General People's Congress.
- Saudi-led airstrikes target the Sana'a home of former President of Yemen Ali Abdullah Saleh.
- Shiite Houthi rebels seize a Yemeni military base south of the capital, Sana'a, where U.S. military advisers once trained Yemeni counterterrorism forces to fight Al-Qaeda in the south of the country. Forces loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh had manned the captured base.
- Houthi forces claim to have shot down a U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone over the Yemeni capital Sana'a. Footage released by Saba News Agency appears to show crowds gathering around the wreckage of an aircraft.
- An air raid on a funeral in a village north of Sana'a kills at least eight women and children. The Houthis blames the Saudi-led coalition for the attack.