2017 Tehreek-e-Labaik protest
The Pakistan Minister for Law Zahid Hamid resigns after days of protest over proposed changes to blasphemy laws.
- A crowd of hundreds of people attack a Christian seminary, a church and houses of local Christians in Gujranwala, Pakistan, after finding out that two Christians who had been accused of blasphemy have been released from protective custody by the police.
- Hundreds of Pakistani Muslims demonstrate in Lahore against a potential pardon for a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam.
- Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan on charges of blasphemy against Islam, appeals to President Asif Ali Zardari to pardon her.
- Pope Benedict XVI urges Pakistani authorities to release Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman facing a death sentence on a charge of blasphemy against Islam.
- A Christian woman, Asia Bibi, is sentenced to death for blasphemy by a court in Lahore, Pakistan.