Nepalese legislative election, 2017
Voters in Nepal go to the polls for the first phase of an election to choose members for the House of Representatives and Parliament.
More than 15 million voters choose a 275-member parliament and provincial assemblies in two phases.
- Voters in Nepal go to the polls for the second round of a historic legislative election. The turnout is 67%, up from 65% in the first round.
- The Nepalese Accident Investigation Commission concludes its investigation, finding the plane stalled after the flight crew lost situational awareness and began a rapid ascent to avoid terrain whilst still configured for landing.
- Nepalese investigators release their preliminary report into the disaster.
- An overloaded bus explodes a tyre and crashes near Bhanjyang, Nepal, killing at least two people and wounding dozens of others. A riot follows.
- An aircraft operated by Bangladeshi airline US-Bangla Airlines crashes at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal, killing 49 of the 71 people on board.