The U.S. Mission in Turkey suspends all non-immigration visa services in the country citing security concerns.
- Reuters (Image)
- A court in Turkey orders the release of American evangelical Christian pastor Andrew Brunson after two years of arrest.
- U.S. President Donald Trump authorizes the doubling of Section 232 tariffs on imports of aluminium and steel from Turkey, to 20% and 50% respectively. The Turkish lira further falls to a new record low against the U.S. dollar and Turkish stocks tumble.
- The United States warns Turkey of consequences if pastor Andrew Brunson isn't freed.
- In a reciprocal action of retaliation, the Turkish mission in the United States suspends all non-immigration visa services in the country, via a reversed-role copy of the U.S. statement.
- The U.S. summons Turkish ambassador Serdar Kılıç after violence between protesters and Turkish security personnel outside the Embassy of Turkey, Washington, D.C. leaves over a dozen people injured. U.S. Senator John McCain calls on the Trump administration to expel the ambassador.