U.S. President Donald Trump signs an executive order which allows U.S. to resume its refugee program, with a 90-day review period for 11 countries identified as "high risk".
Executive order ends 120-day suspension of refugee processing as White House refuses to name 11 countries facing 90-day review
- The Guardian
- United States President Donald Trump, together with Senators Tom Cotton and David Perdue, unveils the RAISE Act, a plan that would, if passed, reduce legal immigration to the U.S. by half each year, and implement a "merit-based system" prioritizing skilled workers, instead of the current family-based chain migration system.
- The Supreme Court of the United States partially reinstates President Donald Trump's travel ban and invalidates certain injunctions that were put on the order by two federal appeals courts earlier. Final oral hearings concerning the legality of the Executive Order 13780 will be held in October 2017 at the Supreme Court.
- U.S. District Court Judge William Orrick rules that President Donald Trump's executive order withholding federal funds from sanctuary cities is unconstitutional.
- U.S. President Trump signs an executive order undoing former President Obama's climate change policies.
- Donald Trump approves California's request for an emergency declaration, allowing the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate disaster relief efforts across five Southern California counties.