North Korea-Russia relations
Russian president Vladimir Putin signs decree to implement U.N. resolution sanctioning on North Korea.
The decree refers to the resolution adopted on November 30, 2016, as a response to Pyongyang's missile and nuclear tests
- Russian president Vladimir Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea.
- Russian president signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea.
- Russian president Vladimir Putin signs decree to implement U.N. resolution sanctioning on North Korea.
- Australia and Canada deploy surveillance aircraft to Japan to monitor ship-to-ship transfers between North Korean vessels that bypass United Nations sanctions. The aircraft join a warship already deployed by the United Kingdom.
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov denies White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders' claim that Russia breached any international arms control pacts, after President Vladimir Putin's March 1 speech on nuclear weapons.
- Voters in Russia cast their votes for the President of Russia. Incumbent Vladimir Putin wins a fourth term in office, with just over 75% of the popular vote.
- Reports surface about the publication on January 29 by the United States of a list of Russian politicians and oligarchs that the U.S. government was required by CAATSA to draw up. Russian President Vladimir Putin says that the list, on which he is not included, is an "unfriendly act" that complicates ties between the two countries.
- President Vladimir Putin declares victory over the Islamic State terror group across both banks of the river Euphrates.