Russian President Vladimir Putin dismisses Nizhny Novgorod Oblast governor Valery Shantsev from his post, the second governor to lose his job in a week after Putin dismissed Samara Oblast governor Nikolay Merkushkin the day before. The dismissals come amid speculation that governors of several federal subjects will resign in anticipation of presidential elections in 2018.
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is inaugurated at the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow for a fourth term as President of Russia following his victory in March's presidential election.
- Voters in Russia cast their votes for the President of Russia. Incumbent Vladimir Putin wins a fourth term in office, with just over 75% of the popular vote.
- President Vladimir Putin announces his participation in the 2018 presidential election.
- United States President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet in Helsinki.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signs a law - voted by the State Duma on 22 May and approved by the State Council on 30 May - with countermeasures against actions of the United States and other "unfriendly" countries.