Seven schoolgirls are killed and ten hospitalised after a fire at the Moi Girls School in Nairobi, Kenya.
Eight Kenyan teenage schoolgirls died and 10 more were hospitalized after a fire engulfed their boarding school dormitory in Nairobi early on Saturday morning, a government official said.
- Reuters (Image)
- Seven schoolgirls have been killed and ten hospitalised after a fire at the Moi Girls School in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Seven schoolgirls are killed and ten hospitalised after a fire at the Moi Girls School in Nairobi, Kenya.
- At least 51 people are killed when a bus traveling from the Kenyan capital Nairobi to Kisumu veers off the road and overturns.
- Kenyan authorities say the death toll from Friday's collapsed "eight-story" residential building in Nairobi has risen to 20, with 73 people missing. Rescuers continue searching for survivors. The building had been declared unfit for human habitation by the country's National Construction Authority, but remained standing. "Note": the building was originally reported as six stories; flooding had sunk the ground and first floors.
- Heavy rain in Nairobi, Kenya, causes floods killing at least four people.
- The World Trade Organization approves Afghanistan's membership at its 10th ministerial conference in Nairobi, Kenya. Afghanistan becomes the 164th WTO member and is the 36th least developed country (LDC) in the global trade body.
- As many as 53 members of the World Trade Organization sign an agreement in Nairobi, Kenya, to remove import tariffs on 201 information technology products that account for trade of $1.3 trillion annually.