The Nobel laureate, jailed for his fight for democracy and human rights, was suffering from cancer.
- BBC (Image)
- Human rights in China: Prominent Chinese dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo dies.
- Prominent Chinese dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo dies.
- Chinese political activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo is released from prison on medical parole after being diagnosed with terminal liver cancer.
- Liu Xia, widow of Nobel Peace Prize laureate and human rights activist Liu Xiaobo, is allowed to leave Beijing, China, for Berlin, Germany.
- Nobel Peace Laureate Liu Xiaobo, who has been incarcerated in China for organizing the pro-democracy manifesto "Charter 08," is suffering from late-stage liver cancer which is worsening. The Chinese hospital treating him and foreign doctors, who examined Liu the weekend, disagree on future treatment. Germany, the United States, UK, and other countries have appealed that Liu be allowed to go to the hospital of his choice.
- The Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo is in "critical condition," according to Chinese doctors.
- The Nobel Committee says the Nobel Peace Prize for Liu Xiaobo may not be handed out this year as China will not allow anyone from his family to attend the event.