The government offered little hope that Liu Xiaobo, the country’s most famous political prisoner, would be allowed to go abroad for treatment, as he has requested.
- The New York Times (Image)
- Human rights in China: The Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo is in "critical condition," according to Chinese doctors.
- The Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo is in "critical condition," according to Chinese doctors.
- Liu Xia, widow of Nobel Peace Prize laureate and human rights activist Liu Xiaobo, is allowed to leave Beijing, China, for Berlin, Germany.
- Prominent Chinese dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo dies.
- Chinese political activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo is released from prison on medical parole after being diagnosed with terminal liver cancer.
- A ceremony is held in Norway to award the Nobel Peace Prize to Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo "in absentia".
- Nobel Peace Laureate Liu Xiaobo, who has been incarcerated in China for organizing the pro-democracy manifesto "Charter 08," is suffering from late-stage liver cancer which is worsening. The Chinese hospital treating him and foreign doctors, who examined Liu the weekend, disagree on future treatment. Germany, the United States, UK, and other countries have appealed that Liu be allowed to go to the hospital of his choice.