A coordinated suicide bombing attack on a police station in the town of Gardez in Paktia Province results in dozens of people killed and injured.
As many as five suicide bombers attack a police headquarters in eastern Afghanistan in an attack doctors say killed at least five police and wounded at least 30 other people.
- Reuters via Aus. Broadcasting Corp.
- At least 32 people are killed and another 80 injured in a suicide bombing at a Kabul Shia mosque. ISIL claims responsibility.
- At least 10 people are killed by a pair of explosions in the Tsamkani District in the eastern Afghan province of Paktia. Spokesman Naqib Ahmad Atal says the Taliban are to blame.
- A suicide bombing occurs at a checkpoint near the Kabul International Cricket Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing at least three people and injuring five.
- A car bomb in Helmand Province kills up to 13 people, including Afghan Army soldiers and civilians, and wounds 18 others, according to government spokesman Omar Zwak.
- New Zealand announces the stationing of three more non-combat military personnel in Afghanistan, boosting its military commitment to 13.
- A suicide bomber kills two American troops near the Kandahar International Airport in Afghanistan. The Taliban insurgency claims responsibility.
- A suicide bombing took place near a Pakistan army truck in Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan, leaving 15 people dead including 8 soldiers, while injuring 40 others.
- According to the Defense Ministry, between 26 and 30 military personnel are dead and over 80 Taliban militants have been either killed or wounded amid intense fighting at a military base in Kandahar Province.
- A suicide car bombing in the western part of Kabul kills at least 24 and injures more than 40 people. Afghan authorities say the target of the attack was a bus of civilian government workers from the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
- An explosion occurs near police offices and a mosque in Herat, killing at least ten people.