A coordinated suicide bombing attack on a police station in the town of Gardez in Paktia Province results in dozens of people killed and injured.
As many as five suicide bombers attack a police headquarters in eastern Afghanistan in an attack doctors say killed at least five police and wounded at least 30 other people.
- Reuters via Aus. Broadcasting Corp.
- At least 32 people are killed and another 80 injured in a suicide bombing at a Kabul Shia mosque. ISIL claims responsibility.
- At least 10 people are killed by a pair of explosions in the Tsamkani District in the eastern Afghan province of Paktia. Spokesman Naqib Ahmad Atal says the Taliban are to blame.
- An explosion occurs near police offices and a mosque in Herat, killing at least ten people.
- According to the Interior Ministry, three blasts at a funeral attended by MPs and government figures in Kabul kill at least seven people and wound 119 more.
- A car bomb outside a New Kabul Bank branch in Lashkargah, Helmand Province, kills at least 20 people. The Taliban claims responsibility.
- At least one Afghan is killed and seven American soldiers wounded in an "insider attack" at Camp Shaheen, in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif. An earlier report that Americans had been killed is incorrect. The Taliban claims responsibility.
- A terrorist attack, involving a blast and gunfire, occurs at a Shia mosque in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing several people.
- After a week-long assault, ISIL-KP captures the Tora Bora cave complex from the Taliban, allegedly in reaction to the 2017 Nangarhar airstrike. The Taliban say the fighting is still underway.
- A suicide bombing occurs in Kabul near the German embassy with at least 90 killed and 461 injured.
- A suicide bombing attack on a NATO convoy in Kabul kills eight civilians and wounds at least 28 people.