The trial against comedian Bill Cosby at the Montgomery County Courthouse ends with a hung jury and the consequent declaration of a mistrial.
The "Cosby Show" actor was charged with drugging and molesting Andrea Constand in 2004.
- NBC News
- American entertainer Bill Cosby is charged with aggravated indecent assault in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The county's District Attorney-elect said his office is also examining evidence related to other cases. The current charges relate to one particular 2004 incident.
- A judge in Pennsylvania schedules the dates for the trial of accused U.S. comedian Bill Cosby.
- American entertainer Bill Cosby, in response to dozens of accusations of sexual assault and misconduct spanning decades, has filed in U.S. federal court in Massachusetts a defamation suit against seven accusers.
- Wendy Demchick-Alloy, a Montgomery County court judge in Norristown, sentences former Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane to serve 10 to 23 months in county jail for leaking confidential grand jury information and then lying about it to investigators. Specifically, she was convicted on August 15 on charges of perjury, false swearing, obstruction of justice, official oppression, and conspiracy.
- A court in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania finds that there is enough evidence to hold entertainer Bill Cosby on felony indecent assault charges in relation to the case of ''Andrea Constand v. William H. Cosby, Jr.''.
- Bill Cosby files a counter-lawsuit against the woman who accused him of sexual assault, claiming she attempted to extort money from him.
- A shooting spree kills six people throughout Montgomery County in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania suburbs. The suspect, Bradley William Stone, remains at large.
- The American NBC television network scraps a project with comedian Bill Cosby after past sexual assault allegations resurface.