War in Afghanistan
A roadside bomb kills at least 11 people, all from the same family, in Logar Province.
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- War in Afghanistan: A roadside bomb kills at least 11 people, all from the same family, in Logar Province.
- A roadside bomb kills at least 11 people, all from the same family, in Logar Province.
- The U.S. military warns that the Kabul Attack Network, comprised of fighters from various jihadist groups such as the Taliban and Haqqani networks, is planning attacks on people in the Parwan, Khost, Kabul, and Logar Provinces, Afghanistan, and asks for information from the Afghan public.
- The United Nations report that in 2017, more than 10,000 Afghan civilians were killed or wounded in the war.
- The United States Central Command launches an investigation into a video posted on YouTube which appears to show a U.S. service member firing on civilians inside a truck on a road in Afghanistan. The montage video, titled "Happy Few Ordnance Symphony", has since been removed.
- United States soldier Bowe Bergdahl is convicted of desertion and dishonorably discharged, but is not imprisoned.
- Two fuel tankers are bombed in the Afghan town of Charikar, killing at least 15 people and injuring at least 27.