The American singer, who snubbed a ceremony in December, says no media must be present.
- BBC (Image)
- Per Wastberg, a member of the Swedish Academy, says that songwriter and artist Bob Dylan has not yet indicated whether he intends to accept the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan wins the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Jayne Svenungsson announces she is leaving the Swedish Academy, the body that awards the Nobel Prize in Literature. She is the eighth person to quit amid sex abuse and financial crime scandals at the exclusive group.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2018 is postponed to 2019 after Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of the former Swedish Academy member Katarina Frostenson, is accused of sexual assault, resulting in her resignation, and leaving the academy without a quorum.
- The Swedish Academy releases secret documents of the 1963 Nobel Prize in Literature that ultimately was awarded the Greek poet Giorgos Seferis, revealing that writers such as Samuel Beckett and Vladimir Nabokov were dismissed early in the selection process.