Perez was elected Saturday as the new DNC chair, tasked with rebuilding the factionalized party after the November election.
- NBC News (Image)
- The Washington Post
- Campaigning ends and voting begins in the suburbs of Atlanta in the U.S. state of Georgia between Republican Karen Handel and Democratic Jon Ossoff, where Republican Handel wins the election by a narrow margin.
- Democratic candidates face off with Republican candidates in a primary for a U.S. House seat vacated by Tom Price, now Health and Human Services Secretary, in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.
- A Piper PA-32 plane crashes onto the motorway near DeKalb-Peachtree Airport, Atlanta, Georgia killing all four passengers. Interstate 285 is closed in both directions.
- A court convicts eleven Atlanta, Georgia teachers as part of a mass cheating scandal.
- A teacher suffers scrapes and bruises and a 14-year-old boy is shot in the back of the neck and suffers a non-life-threatening wound at Luther Judson Price Middle School, a newer Atlanta Public Schools facility in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. The boy is stable at a hospital and the suspected student was safely disarmed by a resource officer and arrested.