China's Ministry of Commerce suspends all coal imports from North Korea until the end of 2017, as part of international sanctions against North Korea over its ballistic missile program.
- The Washington Post
- China's Ministry of Commerce says that it is restricting trade with North Korea, in line with the recent sanctions approved by the United Nations Security Council last March. China will be banning the export of jet fuel and import of gold, some coal and "rare earth metals" used in high-tech goods.
- North Korea shuts down tourism from China as nuclear tensions mount, but business travel is allowed to continue.
- A North Korean defector claims children are being born with deformities near North Korea's nuclear testing site.
- Russian president Vladimir Putin signs decree to implement U.N. resolution sanctioning on North Korea.
- China limits petroleum exports and bans imports of textiles from North Korea as part of new sanctions following the latest nuclear test.