A bus traveling to Chile overturns in Argentina's Mendoza Province, killing at least 19 people.
- A truck and a bus collide in the Argentine province of Mendoza, killing at least 17 people and injuring more than 10 others.
- An alert is issued after the Copahue stratovolcano, located on the border between Argentina and Chile, begins spewing ash.
- The governments of Chile and Argentina issue volcanic activity alerts in areas close to the Copahue volcano after it started spewing ash.
- Argentina grants asylum to the Chilean former leftist guerrilla Galvarino Apablaza, who has been charged in Chile with assassinating a senator, despite the Chilean government's request to extradite him.
- Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan bypasses Argentina on his South American tour, opting to travel straight to Chile after Buenos Aires officials call off an event honouring Mustafa Kemal Ataturk due to what Turkey considers "hostile" interference from Armenian pressure groups.