A wildfire destroys almost the entire town of Santa Olga in Chile's central Maule Region as a Russian firefighting Ilyushin Il-76 arrives to help fight the worst wildfire in Chile's modern history.
More international help is arriving to help Chile deal with its worst wildfire in modern history.
- Rescue workings in Russia's Irkutsk Oblast discover the remains of a Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane which went missing last Friday after going on a firefighting mission. Six people have been killed in the crash.
- At least 8 people are killed when a Russian Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane bound for Khartoum, Sudan, crashes minutes after take off in a residential area of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Parcel bombs explode at the Mexican, Russian and Swiss embassies in Greece. Similar packages were sent or addressed to the embassies of Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Germany and the Netherlands over the past two days.
- An Ilyushin Il-76 crashes minutes after takeoff from Khartoum International Airport. All four Russian crew were killed. It is the second major air crash in the country this week.
- Human Rights Watch calls the attack a war crime and says both Russia and Syria may bear criminal responsibility.