Chile has declared a state of emergency and requested international help to help deal with forest fires.
Chile has requested international help to deal with forest fires.
- Chile declares a state of emergency and preliminary evacuation of 16,000 as a forest fire threatens the city of Valparaiso.
- Authorities in Chile close the Torres del Paine National Park, amid an ongoing forest fire in Patagonia.
- Bolivia declares a state of emergency after approximately 25,000 forest fires spread across the country.
- A state of emergency is declared in the Croatian city of Dubrovnik due to a forest fire.
- A state of emergency is declared in New South Wales, Australia, as a bushfire continues to burn out of control. More than 500 personnel from the New South Wales Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue NSW and the Australian Defence Force are tackling the bushfire, which has torn through the Holsworthy Barracks and threatens the suburbs of Sydney.