Mr. Puzder, chief executive of the company behind Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr., also strongly supports repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- The New York Times (Image)
- Presidential transition of Donald Trump: Carl's Jr.-Hardee's executive and minimum wage reform critic Andrew Puzder is selected as United States Secretary of Labor.
- Carl's Jr.-Hardee's executive and minimum wage reform critic Andrew Puzder is selected as United States Secretary of Labor.
- Andrew Puzder, CEO of CKE Restaurants, withdraws from consideration to be Secretary of Labor in President Donald Trump's cabinet.
- Walmart announces that it will increase the minimum wage for its U.S. employees to $11 per hour and close 50 Sam's Club stores.
- Voting takes place in Atlanta, Georgia, to elect a new Chair of the Democratic National Committee. Candidates include Sally Boynton Brown, Keith Ellison, Jehmu Greene and former United States Secretary of Labor Tom Perez.
- U.S. President Donald Trump names Florida International University College of Law Dean and former National Labor Relations Board member Alexander Acosta to be Secretary of Labor. The President's initial nominee, Andy Puzder, withdrew his nomination yesterday.
- United States President-elect Donald Trump indicates that he will nominate former Indiana senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence.