At least 32 people are killed and another 80 injured in a suicide bombing at a Kabul Shia mosque. ISIL claims responsibility.
- According to the Interior Ministry, three blasts at a funeral attended by MPs and government figures in Kabul kill at least seven people and wound 119 more.
- A coordinated suicide bombing attack on a police station in the town of Gardez in Paktia Province results in dozens of people killed and injured.
- A terrorist attack, involving a blast and gunfire, occurs at a Shia mosque in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing several people.
- A suicide bombing occurs in Kabul near the German embassy with at least 90 killed and 461 injured.
- A suicide bombing attack on a NATO convoy in Kabul kills eight civilians and wounds at least 28 people.
- Two bombs explode near the National Assembly in Kabul, killing at least 38 people.
- A bomb explosion among crowds of Shiite Muslims gathered to mark Ashura, one of their holiest commemorations, kills at least 12 people and wounds 28 others. Also, authorities revise the death toll to 17 from yesterday's attack on a Kabul Shiite shrine.
- A gunman, reportedly wearing an Afghan police uniform, kills at least 14 people and wounds dozens more in the Shiite Karte Sakhi shrine in Kabul on the beginning of Ashura. Police kill the attacker.
- A large explosion is reported in the Afghan capital Kabul a week after the Taliban declared the start of their annual spring offensive. The target was an Afghan government security compound with at least 28 people reported killed and more than 200 others injured.
- A suicide bomber in Kabul, Afghanistan, targets Tolo News, killing four and wounding 20.