Bob Dylan's failure to acknowledge his Nobel Prize in literature is "impolite and arrogant", according to a member of the body that awards it.
- BBC (Image)
- The Guardian
- The Swedish Academy announces that American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has agreed to accept his Nobel Prize in Literature this weekend at a private location in Stockholm.
- Jayne Svenungsson announces she is leaving the Swedish Academy, the body that awards the Nobel Prize in Literature. She is the eighth person to quit amid sex abuse and financial crime scandals at the exclusive group.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2018 is postponed to 2019 after Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of the former Swedish Academy member Katarina Frostenson, is accused of sexual assault, resulting in her resignation, and leaving the academy without a quorum.
- American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan wins the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- The Swedish Academy releases secret documents of the 1963 Nobel Prize in Literature that ultimately was awarded the Greek poet Giorgos Seferis, revealing that writers such as Samuel Beckett and Vladimir Nabokov were dismissed early in the selection process.