Gabonese presidential election, 2016
Ali Bongo is re-elected President of Gabon.
Photos of protests in Gabon emerge after election results were released Wednesday.
- The Washington Post
- Gabonese presidential election, 2016: Ali Bongo is re-elected President of Gabon.
- Ali Bongo is re-elected President of Gabon.
- Ali Bongo Ondimba rejects calls for a recount.
- Large explosions and gunfire are reported in the Gabonese capital Libreville as security forces clash with supporters of opposition presidential candidate Jean Ping protesting the election results indicating a narrow victory by President Ali Bongo Ondimba.
- Both President Ali Bongo Ondimba and his main challenger, former Foreign Minister Jean Ping, say they won yesterday's election for a seven-year term as president. Official results are expected Tuesday.
- The president of Gabon Ali Bongo calls for calm following clashes between police and anti-government protesters and a subsequent attack on an opposition television station.
- At least 45 people drown and 60 are missing after a boat carrying Nigerian migrants capsizes and sinks off shore from Libreville, Gabon.