Riots break out in Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, after police attempt to disperse a protest by the city's taxi drivers.
A protest by Zimbabwean taxi drivers against a police crackdown turned violent on Monday when residents joined in and hurled rocks at police, who fired teargas to disperse the rioters.
- Reuters (Image)
- Thousands of opposition supporters rally in Harare, Zimbabwe, against President Robert Mugabe and the deteriorating economy. The rally was banned by the police, however, it went ahead after a ruling by the High Court sanctioned the protest.
- Zimbabwe riot police disrupt a student protest in Harare as the students attempt to present a petition to Parliament.
- A pair of buses collide on a road between Harare and Rusape, Zimbabwe, killing at least 47 people.
- The High Court of Zimbabwe overturns bans on protests in Harare.
- Zimbabwe's Movement for Democratic Change files papers with the Constitutional Court in Harare arguing that the recent elections be annulled because of widespread allegations of illegalities and intimidation of voters by Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party.