Lightning strikes in the Indian states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh kill at least 70 people, mostly farm labourers.
At least 56 people die in Bihar and more killed in nearby Uttar Pradesh, with most victims working in farming industry.
- Al Jazeera
- More than 80 people have died and more than two million affected by floods in India with the states of Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar worst affected.
- Around 110 people are killed in a dust storm in northwestern India, with Uttar Pradesh being the hardest hit.
- Thirteen children are killed after their school bus collides with a train in the Uttar Pradesh, India.
- A train derails near Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh, India, resulting in at least 23 deaths and 156 injuries.
- Voters in Uttar Pradesh cast ballots in Phase 1 of the state's 2017 elections, with Phase 7, the final poll, to be held on 8 March. This will be an important test of India's November policy change that removed 86 percent of the cash then in circulation.