The Chilean government says President Michelle Bachelet voluntarily testified this week as part of a probe into alleged tax crimes by her daughter-in-law Natalia Compagnon.
- 2014 Iquique earthquake:The President of Chile Michelle Bachelet declares the northern part of Chile to be a disaster zone including the regions of Arica y Parinacota, and Tarapaca.
- The center-left candidate Michelle Bachelet is elected as president of Chile for the second time. She is the first leader in Chile to be elected to serve two terms since military rule ended in 1990.
- Voters in Chile go to the polls for the second round of a presidential election with former President Michelle Bachelet elected again.
- Voters in Chile go to the polls for a general election of president, senators, deputies, and regional advisers. The presidential election looks likely to go to a runoff between former President Michelle Bachelet and Evelyn Matthei of the ruling Coalition.
- Former President of Chile Michelle Bachelet announces that she is running in the Chilean presidential election on November 17.
- Ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya praises Chile for its "great image" as he meets its President Michelle Bachelet in Santiago and says he expects the United States to take "more drastic actions" against the de facto government of Roberto Micheletti.
- Powerful aftershocks hit Chile after the Antofagasta earthquake, as President Michelle Bachelet visits the affected areas.
- Thousands of people protest in Chile against the economic policies of the President Michelle Bachelet with 350 arrests made when they attempt to enter the grounds of the presidential palace.
- The President of Chile Michelle Bachelet approves a new cabinet following a fall in popularity caused by a corruption scandal.
- The father of previous President of Chile Michelle Bachelet was probably tortured to death after the 1973 coup led by Augusto Pinochet, a judge says.