At least 37 people die in the Indian state of Gujarat after a passenger bus plunges off a bridge over the Purna River.
At least 37 people were killed and as many injured when a Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus fell from a river bridge in Navsari district in South Gujarat on...
- Hindustan Times
- The Indian state of Gujarat passes a law which makes the slaughter of a cow punishable by life imprisonment.
- Protests by the Patidar community in Ahmedabad turn violent, sparking violence across the state of Gujarat, India.
- Twelve people die of swine flu in the Indian state of Gujarat taking the death toll to 136 since January with 130 new cases reported.
- Heavy rains in Rajkot, Gujarat, India, lead to damage valued at over 100 million rupees.
- The Indian state of Gujarat seeks the death penalty for ten people involved in the Naroda Patiya massacre in 2002 including former minister Maya Kodnani who had been earlier sentenced to prison sentences.