Scotland Yard advises that it will be treating three non-fatal stabbings at the Leytonstone tube station in London as a terrorist incident.
A stabbing at a Tube station in east London, in which one man suffered serious injuries, is being treated as a "terrorist incident", police say.
- The suspected death toll of the fire in North Kensington, London earlier in the week significantly increases, as the Metropolitan Police Service reports that a minimum of 58 people are missing and feared dead.
- A 27-year-old man carrying several knives in a backpack is arrested at Parliament Square, London, near the site of last month's Westminster attack.
- London's Metropolitan Police are investigating an attempted break-in at the British Houses of Parliament on Friday evening.
- A man is charged with attempted murder following Saturday's stabbing of four Metropolitan Police officers in Kingsbury, north London.
- Four Metropolitan Police officers are stabbed while chasing a suspect in Kingsbury, north London. Two of the officers suffer serious injuries, while a 32-year-old male is arrested for attempted murder.
- Bernard Hogan-Howe is named as the new Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police.
- The Garda Sochna and Metropolitan Police Service in London arrest and charge three men in connection with Ireland's largest cocaine seizure in West Cork in July 2007.
- Pro-Tamil Tigers protesters and the Metropolitan Police Service battle, injuring 16 people, in London, England.
- Sir Paul Stephenson is appointed Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police Service.
- The commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service and the most senior policeman in the United Kingdom, Sir Ian Blair, announces that he will stand down from his post in December of this year, citing a lack of support from London Mayor Boris Johnson.