At least four people are killed and a dozen injured after a small plane crashes in a residential area of the Colombian capital Bogota.
- An Aerosucre Boeing 727-200 Flight 4544, used as a cargo plane, crashes shortly after takeoff in Puerto Carreno's German Olano Airport en route to the Colombian capital Bogota killing five people and injuring one.
- Samuel Moreno Rojas, the former mayor of the Colombian capital Bogota, is jailed for 18 years for taking bribes to award ambulance contracts.
- Six people die in a stampede in a bar following a police raid in the Colombian capital Bogota.
- A targeted bombing in the Colombian capital Bogota injures former Interior Minister Fernando Londono, and kills his driver and a police officer.
- A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others.