At least 719 people are dead and 863 people injured in a stampede near Mecca during the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
At least 717 people taking part in the Hajj pilgrimage have been killed in a stampede near the Islamic holy city of Mecca, Saudi officials say.
- BBC (Image)
- The New York Times
- Washington Post
- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns Saudi Arabia of "harsh" measures if the Kingdom fails to promptly repatriate the bodies of more than 200 Iranian pilgrims killed in last week's Hajj stampede.
- Saudi Arabia reports the execution and crucifixion, in Mecca, of a man from Myanmar. The man was sentenced for breaking into the home of a woman and stabbing her, which led to her death, as well as for other crimes.
- A coach carrying British Muslim pilgrims on an Umra trip from Mecca to Medina crashes near Al Khalas, Saudi Arabia. Four are killed and twelve more injured.
- Saudi security forces shoot dead two alleged Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant militants while two others blew themselves up near Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- Iran bans imports of all products made in Saudi Arabia and reiterates that the ban on Iranians traveling to the Saudi holy city of Mecca remains in place.