Bobbi Kristina Brown, age 22, daughter of American entertainer Whitney Houston and heiress to the Houston estate, dies approximately 6 months after having been put in a medically induced coma since being found face-down in a bathtub in her Roswell, Georgia home near Atlanta on January 31, 2015.
- American singer Taylor Swift wins four trophies, including Artist of the Year, and holds 23 American Music Awards, beating Whitney Houston.
- Cumulus Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and enters into a restructuring agreement with some of its lenders to reduce more than $1 billion of the debt accrued by the Atlanta-based radio broadcasting group since its 2011 purchase of Citadel Broadcasting, towards the end of a 30-day period for the company to secure a financing plan after defaulting on a $23.6-million debt payment on November 1. In a statement, Cumulus representatives said that the company expects all operations, programming and sales for its 459 radio stations across the U.S. to continue as normal during the restructuring process.
- Campaigning ends and voting begins in the suburbs of Atlanta in the U.S. state of Georgia between Republican Karen Handel and Democratic Jon Ossoff, where Republican Handel wins the election by a narrow margin.
- Democratic candidates face off with Republican candidates in a primary for a U.S. House seat vacated by Tom Price, now Health and Human Services Secretary, in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Voting takes place in Atlanta, Georgia, to elect a new Chair of the Democratic National Committee. Candidates include Sally Boynton Brown, Keith Ellison, Jehmu Greene and former United States Secretary of Labor Tom Perez.