A Taliban suicide bomb attack on a Turkish government vehicle in Kabul kills at least one person.
A suicide attack on a Turkish embassy vehicle in the Afghan capital, Kabul, kills at least one, local officials say.
- BBC (Image)
- NBC News
- Afghan officials say that the Taliban destroyed highway bridges in Maidan Wardak Province, cutting off road traffic between the capital Kabul and the provinces of Ghazni, Zabul and Kandahar. Electricity was cut off in four provinces, and fighting was reported in Ghazni Province. At least ten Afghan police officers were killed. Parliamentary elections are scheduled to be held in two weeks.
- At least 48 people, mostly students, are killed and a further 67 are injured in a suicide bomb attack at an education centre in Kabul. The Taliban denies any involvement.
- A large explosion is reported in the Afghan capital Kabul a week after the Taliban declared the start of their annual spring offensive. The target was an Afghan government security compound with at least 28 people reported killed and more than 200 others injured.
- A Taliban suicide bomb attack outside a police office in central Kabul kills at least 9 people.
- Officials say that an attack by the Taliban on an army outpost killed 10 soldiers and 7 policemen in Khwaja Ghar District after 7 policemen were killed in Farah yesterday.