A bus crashes with a freight train in the Mexican state of Nuevo Len, killing at least sixteen people and injuring 30.
At least 16 were killed and 30 injured in a collision between a freight train and a bus on a highway in the north of Mexico on Friday evening, an emergency official said.
- A riot at Cadereyta Jimenez prison located outside the city of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, kills at least 13 people.
- Two freight trains collide in southeast Missouri, United States, causing a highway overpass to collapse.
- A freight train collides with a bus at a level crossing in Heihe City, Heilongjiang province, China, killing at least 10 people and injuring 11 others.
- A railway bridge collapses over a creek in Paulsboro in southern New Jersey, causing a Conrail freight train to derail and spill hazardous chemicals into the air and water.
- A freight train derails at the Stuttgart-Feuerbach station, Germany, after a collision with the railway platform. There were no reports of injuries.