2014 Southeast Asian floods
Flooding and the death toll continues in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand.
Malaysia, southern Thailandand parts of the Philippines have been battered by heavy rainand flash floods in recent days, killing dozens, officials saidon Tuesday.
- 2014 Southeast Asian floods: Flooding and the death toll continues in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand.
- Flooding and the death toll continues in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand.
- The Philippines asks the International Court of Arbitration at The Hague to invalidate China's claims to virtually all of the South China Sea. The hearing was attended by observers from Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- At a United Nations-Oceans summit, delegates from China, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand, four of the top polluters of plastic into the oceans, pledge to reduce their levels of oceanic plastic pollution.
- Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines begin joint patrols in the pirate havens within the Celebes and Sulu Seas.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines agree on joint naval patrols after an increase of kidnappings by the Abu Sayyaf militants.
- United States President Barack Obama hosts a two-day summit in Rancho Mirage, California with leaders of the ASEAN member states, including democratically-elected Benigno Aquino III of the Philippines and Joko Widodo of Indonesia as well as autocratic rulers such as Hun Sen of Cambodia and Najib Razak of Malaysia.