Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa
Mali confirms that it has a new case of Ebola virus, this time in the capital Bamako.
Mali, which was just coming to the end of 21-day quarantines for 108 people linked to its first Ebola case, now has a second, the government announced Tuesday.
- New York Times
- Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa: Mali confirms that it has a new case of Ebola virus, this time in the capital Bamako.
- Mali confirms that it has a new case of Ebola virus, this time in the capital Bamako.
- Gunmen storm a popular tourist resort near the Malian capital, Bamako. At least two people are reportedly killed. Malian troops and France's Operation Barkhane counter-terrorist force are at the site.
- President-elect Adama Barrow travels to the Malian capital of Bamako to meet with world leaders after yesterday's failed attempts at persuading incumbent president Yahya Jammeh to step down at the end of his term.
- Gunmen attack a European Union military training operation housed in a converted hotel in the Mali capital, Bamako. There are no casualties among the mission personnel. One suspect is killed and two are arrested. No group has claimed responsibility.
- The World Health Organisation confirms a second new case of Ebola virus in Sierra Leone.
- Sierra Leone imposes quarantine on hundreds of people following a recent death from the Ebola virus.