Sweden officially recognises Palestine as a sovereign state. Israel recalls its ambassador to Sweden.
- The Independent
- The Mission of Palestine in Colombia announces recognition of the State of Palestine as a free and sovereign state.
- A fire started by an incendiary device attached to a kite by Palestinian protestors and flown into Israel burns for six hours. It is the largest fire so far after a string of firebombing attacks.
- Israel launches an investigation into a video appearing to show soldiers cheering as a Palestinian man is shot by an Israeli sniper through the Gazan border fence.
- The death toll from flash floods in the Dead Sea, Israel, reaches fourteen including ten teenage hikers with a lorry driver still missing. Three youth workers connected to the hike are arrested. Two Palestinian children are reported to have also died in the West Bank.
- On Land Day, the start of a planned six-week protest at the Israeli-Gazan border involving tens of thousands of Palestinians, Israeli forces kill 16 Palestinians and wound over 1,100 others as tens of thousands of protestors approach the border fence.