The eruption of Mount Kelud on the island of Java causes the closure of airports in three cities Surabaya, Yogyakarta and Solo as well as the reported death of two people.
- Reuters (Image)
- Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, erupts. Authorities order evacuations and the closure of Adisucipto Airport in Yogyakarta.
- Two pilots are killed after a South Korean-made KAI T-50 Golden Eagle crashes and bursts into flames at an air show in Yogyakarta on Indonesia's Java island.
- Mount Kelud erupts prompting the evacuation of 200,000 people on the Indonesian island of Java.
- Continuing eruptions of Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, lead to cancellation of flights to the nearby city of Yogyakarta.
- A gas pipeline explodes near the city of Surabaya in Java, killing seven people.