Infanta Cristina, the youngest daughter of the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, is charged by a magistrate with tax evasion and money laundering.
Princess Christina, the younger daughter of King Juan Carlos of Spain, has been charged with money laundering and tax evasion. After a lengthy
- Sweden celebrates the 70th birthday of their King Carl XVI Gustaf, whose celebration was attended by fellow European royals, including Denmark's Margrethe II, former King of Spain Juan Carlos I and former Queen of the Netherlands Beatrix.
- Ray Nagin, the former Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, is indicted on 21 different counts including fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, and tax evasion.
- Former Prime Minister of Fiji Mahendra Chaudry appears in a Suva court to face charges of tax evasion and money laundering.
- A court of Lima orders 18 months of pre-trial imprisonment for former president Ollanta Humala and his wife Nadine Heredia for alleged money laundering. Both have turned themselves in.
- Aaron Schock, a former U.S. representative from Illinois's 18th congressional district, pleads not guilty on 24 charges including Mail fraud and tax evasion.